Can’t decide between hummus and guacamole? Have it both ways in this bright, creamy dip.
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained.
- 3 cups fresh cilantro leaves.
- 1 garlic clove, chopped.
- 1 ripe avocado, roughly chopped.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil.
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice.
- Coarse salt and ground pepper.
- Lemon wedges.
- Tortilla chips
- In a food processor, combine chickpeas, cilantro, garlic, and avocado.
- Process until finely chopped. With machine running, add olive oil in a slow, steady stream, then add lemon juice, and then add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until mixture is smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- and serve with lemon wedges and tortilla chips.