A really tasty, healthy and vegetarian sushi is the avocado-cucumber roll. The crunchy cucumber perfectly complements the creamy avocado wrapped in savory sushi rice and crunchy seaweed.
AVOCADO AND CUCUMBER SUSHI ROLL
50 gr Basic Sushi Rice
10 gr Nori Sushi
50 gr Basic Mayonnaise
30 gr Takuan
50 gr Kyuri
50 gr Avocado
10 gr Tobiko
MAKING THE SUSHI ROLL
- Need some rice, rice vinegar, salt, sugar, nori (seaweed), cucumbers, and avocado. Then cut the cucumbers, avocado to make long stick shape or any ingredients wish to add into the rolls.
- Make sushi rice. First, cook some rice. Then cool them down a little. Put some rice vinegar, salt and sugar in the rice while the rice is warm. Otherwise they won’t be mixed well.
- Put rice on the nori. Put nori on the flat place and spread rice flat on the nori. Make it thin to roll over easily.
- Put other stuffs on the rice. Put vegetables and fruit on the center of the rice in horizontal line. Put mayonnaise on the vegetables.
- Roll the sushi. Roll the sushi carefully not to break the whole roll. You should roll over from the bottom edge to the up. When finish, put the bottom edge together with the top edge to stick each other.
- Cut it in slice. Any size you want. As it is a finger food, you can cut it your mouth size.
- Sushi roll done… and serve with condiments – wasabi paste, soya sauce, pickled ginger.