- 200gm shortbread, finely crushed
- 80gm butter
- Mix shortbread crumbs and press into a 22cm spring form pan. Keep chilled!
- 300gm cottage cheese, sieved
- 150ml thickened cream
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 30gm plain flour
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- 60 gm caster sugar
- 80gm chopped walnuts
- a few walnut halves for decoration
- Put cottage cheese, cream, golden syrup, flour and egg yolks into a bowl and beat well.
- Whisk the egg whites and sugar till stiff and fold into the cheese mixture.
- Fold in the walnuts and spoon the mixture into the prepared base.
- Bake at 180 deg C for 2 hours. Cool in the oven.
- Decorate with walnut halves.
If you want to read another cheesecake recipe, click the link.