Rabri is thick, sweet milk flavored with essences. Hailed from North India, this dish is suitable eaten on its own or as a complimentary side with malpua, gulab jamun, jalebi or puri. Making it at home will take effort, but we promise you it will be worth it. Try it out!
- 1 liter Whole milk
- 100 gms Sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup sliced pistachios
- Boil milk in a large pan.
- Keep stirring the milk occasionally until reduced to half of its original quantity. Add the sugar.
- Scrape the sides of the pan from time to time to get the malai into the milk. Cook until reduced to half of its quantity.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Add the almonds.
- When cool, place in the refrigerator. Mix the milk if it feels to thick.
- Garnish with pistachios.