Made in a spoonful of ghee without any onion, garlic cream or nuts, this is a great recipe for vrat/fast. Its high protein, low fat, tasty and simple.
- 14 oz/400 gms Paneer cubed or cut into triangles(vegans use tofu)
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 tsp green chilies, minced(optional)
- 1 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp ghee(oil for a vegan option)
- salt as per taste
- Wash tomatoes and puree them in a blender.
- Heat pan and add ghee to it. Add Jeera/cumin and let it crackle.
- Add ginger and green chilies and cook for few minutes.
- Add pureed tomatoes and salt, stir for few minutes.
- Add little water and cover and cook for 5-10 minutes on low.
- Add Paneer pieces, give it a boil and its ready to be enjoyed.(vegans use tofu)
Don’t cook the paneer too long, it will become hard. You can also blend a handful of soaked cashews for a creamier, richer taste.