A cup of ice cream sounds perfect for a hot, humid day, isn’t it?
If you’re following Paleo diet, the ice cream options for you could be limited to only fruit sorbets. But, no need to worry, the right ingredients selection will help you to add more variations to your favorite Paleo ice cream list!
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- Sliced almonds and grated dark chocolate for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the banana slices onto the baking sheet, then drizzle with honey and coconut oil. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping once until slightly golden. Let cool, then transfer the baked banana slices to a Ziploc bag and place in the freezer overnight.
- In a blender, mix banana slices and almond butter together. Add in the almond milk gradually, processing in between pours until the mixture reaches the desired consistency.
- Serve immediately with sliced almonds and chocolate garnish.