- 5-6 pieces of washed chicken
- 1 large stick of cinnamon
- 6-7 cloves
- 8-10 peppercorns
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp garam masala
- 4 tbsp oil
- 2 medium onion, thinly sliced and fried till golden brown
- 3-4 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2-3 green chillies, sliced
- 1 cup long grained rice, cleaned and soaked for 10 min.
- Put the first eight ingredients (till oil) in large dish and mix well.
- Cover and microwave high for 10 min. Remove chicken pieces.
- Measure this stock upto 2 cups (may need to add water).
- Heat oil in a large dish for 2 min. at high.
- Add half of the fried onions, chicken, ginger garlic paste and microwave high for 5 min., with grill function. Add 2 cups stock, 1/4 cup water with rice and chillies. Cover and microwave high for 12 min. Reduce power to 50% and microwave for 2-3 min.
- Let it stand for 5 min. under cover, and then serve garnished with remaining fried onions.