- 1 cup uncooked spelt/whole wheat, soaked overnight
- 1 1/2 tbsp any vegetable oil (peanut/mustard)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, sliced 1/2-inch strips
- 450 gm skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- Place whole wheat in a medium saucepan; cover with water to 2 inches above grain.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook, uncovered, 1 hour or until tender. Drain and set aside. Alternatively pressure cook till done.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic cook 30 seconds. Add carrot, red pepper, and chicken cook 5 minutes. Stir in whole wheat, sesame oil, and pepper; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.