Healthy porridge or methi dana kichdi for fasting time. Its cooling for the body to eat when you break fast.
- 1 cup raw rice the short variety.
- 1 cup yellow mung dal
- 3 tbls funugreek seeds (methi dana)
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1tsp ginger paste
- 1 cup grated chayote (labu siam)
- 5 green chillies slit.
- 1 tbls oil
- 1tbls ghee( clarified butter)
- 2 onions chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped.
- 1tsp salt
- 1 handful of chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 handful chopped mint leaves.
- Wash & soak rice dal & fenugreek for 3hrs .
- In a pressure cooker add oil, ghee and onions to fry till translucent.
- Add slit green chillies, ginger garlic paste and sauté
- Add tomatoes to fry 2mins and then add the soaked rice dal & fenugreek seeds after straining the water
- Add the grated chayote, salt, chopped coriander and chopped mint leaves.
- Add 6 cups water and bring to boil.
- Cover the cooker bring to 4 whistles.
- Open when cool.
- Enjoy this healthy cooling porridge.
Generously shared by Vasanthi Ram