To make perfect sushi, the most important aspect is the rice!
It is a particular type of Japanese rice cooked just so and then mixed with a sauce. Some of these ingredients may be a bit difficult to find, but we guarantee you will be satisfied once you make the perfect sushi!
The chef at our recent sushi class recommended using a rice cooker and then cooling the cooked rice on a flat tray
SUSHI RICE BASIC
500 ml Water
500 gr Fujikhari Rice – Japanese rice
250 ml Sushi rice sauce
SUSHI RICE SAUCE
300 ml Suehiro Mitsukan vinegar
300 gr White Sugar
50 gr Salt
2 Slices Yellow lemon
20gr Dashi Konbu
How to make sushi rice sauce:
- First, add in all the ingredients in a pot.
- Put it in medium heat and bring everything to boil.
- Set it aside to cool.
How to make sushi rice:
- The rice should be made first and foremost to make the sushi. Cook 500 grams of rice in a rice cooker or in a pot until it is fully cooked.
- Take the rice out and let it cool down, ideally on a flat tray. This will make the cooling process much faster.
- After it has cooled down, mix it evenly with about 250ml of sushi sauce.
Use the rice to make these delicious treats: