The best of both world – India & Indonesia, with Harum Manis the wonderful mango available in abundance in Indonesia from October to January.
- 3 cups Mango pulp (I use fresh Harum Manis)
- 1 cup milk powder
- 2 cups full cream milk
- 100 ml condensed milk
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- generous pinch of saffron
- Dry fruits for garnishing
- Blend Mango pulp, milk powder, full cream milk and condensed milk.
- In a heavy bottom pan, cook till the mixture thickens and starts leaving sides of the pan.
- Add a tbsp of ghee and cardamom powder. Mix well.
- Take it off the stove and spread it on a greased thali or cake tin.
- Allow it to cool completely till set.
- Garnish the top with slivered almonds, pistachios and saffron. Cut the burfi into desired shape.
- Top with saffron strands.
- Keep them in airtight container and refrigerate them.
- You may add more sugar or condensed milk if you prefer to make it sweeter.