- 2 cups coconut milk
- ½ turmeric leaf, shredded (optional)
- 8 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 tbsp tamarind juice
- Salt to taste
- Fried shallots to garnish
Spice Paste :
- 5 shallots, peeled and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic)
- 4 birds eye chilies (cabe rawit), chopped
- 2,5 cm (1in) ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 cm (½ in) fresh turmeric (kunyit), peeled and sliced
- 2.5 cm (1 in) galangal (lengkuas) peeled and chopped
- Grind or blend the spice paste ingredients until coarse.
- Bring coconut milk gradually to the boil and add the spice paste, turmeric leaves and eggs.
- Simmer until the sauce thickens for another minute. Serve garnished with fried shallots.