Quick One Pot Rasam Rice is a one pot meal which is super delicious and vegetarian. Its also an immunity booster and a quick meal to prepare. This recipe is generously shared with Indoindians by Vasanthi Ram
1 cup Rice/ Quinoa/Millet (any grain of choice)
½ cup Toor Daal (soaked and rinsed)
3 ripe tomatoes
Tamarind (1 gooseberry size) + ½ cup water for soaking
2 green chillies
5 tsp sambhar /rasam powder
2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
½ tsp Turmeric powder
2 tsp jaggery
2 tsp ghee/oil
½ tsp Jeera + Rai seeds
Handful of curry leaves and coriander leaves
4/5 cups of water
1 tsp ghee/oil
½ tsp jeera + rai
½ tsp Hing
2 tsp chopped garlic/juice of lime (optional)
- In a pressure cooker add the ghee & oil and dry tadka.
- Now add all other ingredients & pressure cook for 7 whistles.
- Reduce flame on low for 5mins, and cook some more.
- Cool and open the pressure cooker.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
- Serve hot with papad