Cottage cheese balls soaked in flavored milk
- 250 gms. Paneer/Chhena
- 2 liters milk
- 1 kg sugar
- 4 tbsp. Flour
- 10 strands saffron
- 1/4 cup sliced pistachios
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
1. Knead and mash paneer/chenna, add 2 tablespoons flour and mash again to make a dough.
2. Divide it into equal portions, make balls ,flatten them and keep aside.
3. Prepare a sugar syrup by dissolving 250 gms. sugar in the 500 mls. of water.
4. Now add the dough portions in it and cook over a high flame for 6- 8 minutes.
5. Add half a cup of water and again bring it to a boil. Cook for another 5 minutes.
6. Remove them and keep them in the sugar syrup .
7. Now take milk in a pan, bring it to a boil, Keep on stirring continuously. Simmer until it is reduced to a thick consistency.
8. Add rest of the sugar and keep on a boiling till the sugar is completely dissolved.
9. Remove from the flame and refrigerate for an hour.
10. Add the soaked balls and Sprinkle the saffron. Keep in refrigerator for another half an hour.
11. Swirl the milk with a light hand just before serving as it will give beautiful yellow color of saffron and the white of the milk.
12. Serve cold, garnished with sliced pistachio nuts, almonds.