Whatever leftover food is there in the fridge. These cutlets are made from a mixture of above veggies, soup, rice etc from all of the week, hence the name ‘saptahiki’.
- All the dry veggies are put in the blender just to blend some food that is little hard like carrot.
- Soyabean chunks or lotus stem or rajma or chola
- No need to add the gravy or dal in the blender.
- Only those leftover food is put in the blender that cannot be mashed with spatula.
- Take a big non stick pan. Grease it with oil. Add all the leftover food and start cooking till it gives a dry consistency to make it into cutlets.
- Green chillies and fresh coriander should be added to give the flavor.
- Add approx 2 tablespoon or more RICE FLOUR.
- Make into cutlets and roll into bread crumbs.
- BEST RESULT of these Cutlets is when we make on Panini maker as the heat is on both sides so its crispy from both sides n soft inside.
- These can be easily frozen after the breadcrumb step.
Other leftover food recipes by Aparna Narang:
- Chapatis 3 types
- Chilla Pizza
- Saptahiki cutlets/tikkis