Visiting Semarang, what comes to mind is a variety of culinary delights such as bandeng presto (high pressure cooked smoked milkfish), spring rolls, or nasi campur (rice with side dishes). The Bandungan area, which is located close to Mount Ungaran, also has special culinary delights that you can try.
What Makes Getuk Goreng Special?
Getuk Goreng is one of the unique dishes that is not well-known but has an addicting taste. There are many reasons why it is special, the first one being the filling. If getuk goreng usually uses brown sugar, this Bandungan getuk goreng is filled with ordinary sugar. But the sweetness is different from the typical Bandungan getuk goreng, which is not too sweet.
As it gives a lighter taste, it won’t make you feel nauseous. Granulated sugar also makes the signature golden color of this Bandungan getuk. On the other hand, the sugar filling also makes this Bandungan getuk goreng more durable. For those of you who visit the Bandungan area, you can buy getuk goreng as souvenirs. Moreover, the price of one fried getuk is only Rp. 1,000.
Getuk Goreng Bandungan Recipe
- 1 kg of cassava
- sugar to taste
- vanilla powder 4 g
- cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Peel, wash, cut, then steam the cassava until cooked for about 10-15 minutes.
- Finely mash the cassava, add salt and vanilla then stir until blended.
- Take one piece weighing approximately 15-20 g then make it into a round sphere, flatten, then shape it into a circle using the lip of the glass.
- Fill it with half a tablespoon of sugar, fold and glue the ends.
- Heat the cooking oil then fry the getuk with medium heat until cooked with golden-brown color.