It’s almost that time of the year again! Christmas is in the air, so it is only right that you celebrate it. Make the event more festive by making cinnamon dough. Mix up the dough and use cookie cutters or molds, or candy molds, to create fragrant decorations. These are wonderful for hanging in the kitchen.
*Buy the cinnamon in bulk at a food co-op or warehouse store to keep the cost down.
- Buy generic applesauce and non-toxic glue.
- The dough smells so good that little helpers are likely to lick their fingers.
- 4 parts ground cinnamon
- 3 parts applesauce
- 1 part white, household glue
How To :
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl. Dust a flat surface with flour or cocoa powder.
- Roll or pat dough to approx. 1/4 inch thickness.
- Dip cutters into flour or cocoa or dust molds.
- Use a plastic straw to cut a hole at least 1/4″ (1/2″ is better) in from the edge.
- Allow ornaments to dry for at least 2 days, while resting on waxed paper,
- before threading with narrow ribbon. Use as tree ornaments or give as gifts.