*Buy the cinnamon in bulk at a food co-op or warehouse store to keep the cost down.
- Buy generic applesauce and non-toxic glue.
- The dough smells so good that little helpers are likely to lick their fingers.
- 4 parts ground cinnamon
- 3 parts applesauce
- 1 part white, household glue
How To :
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl. Dust a flat surface with flour or cocoa powder.
- Roll or pat dough to approx. 1/4 inch thickness.
- Dip cutters into flour or cocoa or dust molds.
- Use a plastic straw to cut a hole at least 1/4″ (1/2″ is better) in from the edge.
- Allow ornaments to dry for at least 2 days, while resting on waxed paper,
- before threading with narrow ribbon. Use as tree ornaments or give as gifts.