With a blend of the fragrant aroma of cinnamon and the savory taste of Greek yogurt, this Greek Yogurt Cinnamon Roll Donuts is a luxurious and healthy donut recipe.
Try this recipe to enjoy the perfect flavor packed in donuts:
Greek Yogurt Cinnamon Roll Donuts
- 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of white vinegar
- 1 large egg
For the Cinnamon Sugar:
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of milk
For the Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1-2 tablespoons of milk
- 1/2 vanilla (around 4.2 gr) bean, seeds scraped
- To make the cinnamon sugar, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, and milk. Bring to a boil; remove from heat.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C. Coat a donut pan with nonstick spray. Pour 1 teaspoon cinnamon mixture into each cavity, spreading it out in an even layer.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cornstarch, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt, butter, milk, vinegar, and egg.
- Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
- Scoop the batter evenly into the donut pan. Place into oven and bake for 7-8 minutes, or until donuts are slightly browned and spring back when touched.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat confectioners’ sugar, cream cheese, milk, and vanilla bean seeds on medium-high until smooth, about 1-2 minutes. If the glaze is too thick, add more milk as needed.
- When the donuts are done, cool for 10 minutes and drizzle with glaze. Allow glaze to set before serving.
Are you ready to try this recipe as a side dish to drinking tea or as a beautiful party snack? Share what you think in the comments section below!