Day 1 #IndoindiansYogaChallenge: SETU BANDHA SARVANGASANA- Bridge Pose
SETU BANDHA SARVANGASANA- Bridge Pose
Going into the asana:
– Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet on the floor. Extend your arms along the floor, palms flat.
– Press your feet and arms firmly into the floor.
– Lift your hips toward the ceiling.
– Roll your shoulders back and underneath your body. Clasp your hands and extend your arms along the floor beneath your pelvis.
– Push your pelvis upwards while straightening your arms for maximum stretch.
Effects of the asana:
– Strengthens back, glutes, legs and ankles
– Opens chest, heart and hip flexors
– Stretches the chest, neck, shoulders and spine
– Calms the body, alleviates stress and mild depression
– Stimulates organs of the abdomen, lungs and thyroid
– Rejuvenates tired legs
– Improves digestion
Tips & Requirements:
- Wear comfortable lose clothes during the asanas.
- Use a yoga mat or a carpet to perform your asanas. Don’t directly practice on the floor.
- Practice on an empty stomach empty or at least 2-3 hours of gap between meals.
Follow the directions of the asana/pose till you can do it perfectly. Post your photo/video or go FB live in the asana challenge of the day and remember to tag @INDOINDIANS on Instagram & FB with hashtag #IndoindiansYogaChallenge
You can also tag your friends and nominate them to participate in the challenge with you.
Lets Get Set Go….Pose…Click
Join in the learning and practice of the Yoga practice leading towards the International Day of Yoga on June 21. We at Indoindians challenge you all to join the #IndoindiansYogaChallenge
If you have any questions or comments, do post below or on the Indoindians FB wall.