Who says stuffed vegetable recipes should have at least one type of meat in the filling? In fact, stuffed vegetables can be always vegetarian- and vegan- friendly menu for everybody!
For 4 servings or more
- 4 large potatoes (e.g. russet potatoes)
- 225 grams baby bella or cremini mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1/3 cup vegan cream cheese, or 1/3 cup pureed silken tofu with a dash of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Paprika and chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Bake or microwave the potatoes until done but still firm; set aside to cool down. Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop out the inside of each potato half with a spoon, leaving a sturdy shell (around 1 cm thick all around). Place the scooped-out potato flesh into a mixing bowl.
- Mash the scooped-out potato coarsely. Stir in the cream cheese.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet. Sautee onion over medium heat until golden. Add mushroom and cover the skillet. Stir occasionally until they are done. Remove from the heat.
- Combine the mushroom mixture with the mashed potato. Season with salt and pepper, stir well to combine.
- Stuff the mixture into the potato shells. Heat as needed in the microwave or in a preheated 200 degree Celsius oven.
- Garnish each potato with a little parsley and sprinkling of paprika. Serve immediately.