Try this wonderful pumpkin and walnut bread which is perfect with a cup of hot coffee.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree or you can just boil/bake your pumpkin and puree in the blender
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 8″ or 9″ loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, blend honey, pumpkin, oil, vanilla and eggs. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan. Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes. Loosen sides of loaf from pan remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack before slicing.
Makes one 12-slice loaf.
Per slice serving : 116 calories, 5g fat, 2g protein, 16g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 16mg cholesterol, and 69mg sodium.