You can add this recipe to your list of favorite healthy quinoa recipes! The combination of healthy grains, vegetables, and the spice of bell peppers provides you with delicious and well-balanced meal.
For 6 servings
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 6 bell peppers, tops cut, stemmed and seeded
- 120 gram green chilies
- 1 cup corn kernels
- ½ cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed (optional)
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder (or more if you want spicier taste)
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Combine quinoa, corn, green chilies, tomatoes, beans, cheese, cilantro, cumin, garlic, onion, chili powder, and salt and pepper to a bowl. Mix well.
- Spoon the filling into bell pepper. Place the stuffed bell peppers in the prepared baking sheet, and bake until the peppers are tender and the filling is heated (around 30 minutes, depending on the oven type). Remove from the sheet and serve immediately.